Neck pain sufferers often turn to chiropractic care for help. Why? For the reason that chiropractic is considered the first line of treatment for cervical conditions.
If you’re experiencing discomfort in your neck, Fort Myers Chiropractic Office, Kaster Chiropractic and Associates have the knowledge and experience to help patients reduce their pain.
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
A conservative chiropractic treatment called ‘cervical manipulation‘ relaxes the joints in the neck. To be able to manipulate the cervical spine, chiropractors use their hands and apply force or pressure to the joints. This improves the neck’s range of motion and the flexibility of the muscles. The chiropractor’s goals include pain reduction, increase in movement, and regaining of the head and neck’s function.
Why should you choose Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain?
In addition to improving neck pain, chiropractic care is also a safe and effective drug-free treatment option.
Types of Neck Pain
- The following are the three types of neck pain and they may fall under acute or chronic:
- Axial Neck Pain – A musculoskeletal type of pain that affects the neck or soft tissue. Whiplash injury and muscle strain are some examples of axial neck pain.
- Radiculopathy – Cervical radiculopathy is due to compression of the nerve root that results in neck pain. Common symptoms are arm pain, numbness, and weakness.
- Myelopathy – Also known as ‘spinal cord compression.’ It is caused by pressure on the spinal cord. The symptoms of myelopathy are numbness, difficulty walking, and neck pain with arm/leg weakness.
Neck Pain Symptoms
- Stiff neck
- Muscle pain and tenderness
- Numbness or tingling in the arms
- Weakness of the arms
- Throat pain
Fort Myers Neck Pain Relief
Discomforts experienced in the neck may lead to debilitating pain. Don’t ignore the symptoms of neck pain– put an end to it. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Jason B. Kaster, a Fort Myers Chiropractor, to help you with your condition. Kaster Chiropractic and Associates are committed to personalized one-on-one treatment, and helping you get better is our top priority.
Visit us! Schedule your chiropractic appointment today at our Fort Myers office.