While pickles are delicious and great as a healthy side item it isn’t usually something people actually crave in bulk.
If you find yourself unable to put down the pickle jar, you haven’t lost your mind. Your body is trying to tell you something.
The human body is a miraculous machine. It has ways to get what it needs. Cravings is one such method.
If you can’t stop eating pickles and have salt cravings in general, it may be your adrenal glands crying out for some assistance. Stress is the main cause of adrenal fatigue. Our bodies were designed to protect us. Stress is a sign that something is wrong. It initiates our fight or flight response. It is very helpful and there for a reason – to get us out of dangerous situations.
The problem these days is that being overworked and stressed out has become the new normal. That leaves your poor adrenal glands working full time, which they are not designed to do. It can lead to adrenal fatigue.
Signs of Adrenal fatigue (besides pickle cravings)
- A wired version of fatigue – you feel exhausted yet wired even if you sleep, it’s never enough.
- Feeling foggy
- Feeling stressed out
- Increase in allergy symptoms if you have allergies
- Low libido
- Weight gain
- More susceptible to infections
How to overcome Adrenal Fatigue
- Reduce stress as much as you can
- Keep hydrated
- Take a trace mineral supplement along with your daily vitamins
- Reduce or eliminate caffeine and sugar
- Work on boosting your body’s ability to absorb nutrients (incorporate into your diet fermented foods (AH HA… yes, the pickle craving), low-fat yogurt, seaweed, bone broth, probiotics, and digestive enzymes.
- Salt – switch to sea salt or pink salt
- If you train hard in the gym take it down a notch. Give your body a chance to recover.
- Come see Dr. Jason Kaster at Kaster Chiropractic to get the right supplement for your needs to help support and replenish your adrenal glands.
Make your appointment today for a nutritional consultation, evaluation, and plan.