Did you know a misaligned neck can cause serious pain in other areas of your body?
If you’re suffering from chronic headaches, your neck might be the cause.
Cervicogenic Headaches Explained
A cervicogenic headache (CH) is a condition that occurs when your neck is out of alignment. It is a recurring headache that may also cause stiffness or tension in your neck and shoulders.
While these chronic headaches differ from migraines, you might experience similar symptoms.
Common Symptoms of Cervicogenic Headaches
- Lingering pain on one side of your head or face
- Pain in your head when coughing, sneezing, or taking a deep breath
- Head pain that lasts for hours or days
- Neck stiffness or tension
- Isolated pain in one area of your head
- Pain resulting from exposure to bright light
- Pain resulting from exposure to loud noises
- Nausea, upset stomach, or vomiting
- Blurry vision or trouble seeing
Now that you know the signs of a cervicogenic headache, let’s dive deeper into what causes this type of head pain.
What Causes a Cervicogenic Headache?
There are many causes of cervicogenic headaches. Typically, this headache results from an issue with your cervical spine, also known as your neck.
Causes of Cervicogenic Headaches
- Holding your head in the same position for a long period of time
- Sports-related injuries that impact the neck
- Spinal arthritis and fractures
- Neck it out of alignment
One of the most common causes of CH is a misaligned neck. If one of the vertebrae in your neck is out of alignment, this can cause severe head pain.
Treat CH With a Trusted Chiropractor
If your cervicogenic headaches are happening because your neck is out of alignment, chiropractic treatment can help.
During your visit, the chiropractor will examine your spine, including all the vertebrae in your neck. If your neck is out of alignment, your trusted chiropractor will help adjust and realign it.
Get the relief you deserve now. Visit www.kasterchiropractic.com or call Kaster Chiropractic & Associates at 239-332-2555 to schedule your consultation today