Non-invasive drug delivery directly to the treatment site
Iontophoresis is a non-invasive method of delivering drugs into the body. With a low-level electrical current, iontophoresis repels drug ions through the skin and into underlying tissue.
The use of iontophoresis for transdermal drug delivery has been successfully used by medical professionals for decades and continues to increase dramatically because of its advantages.
Summary of Patient Benefits:
- Virtually painless when properly applied
- Provides option for patients reluctant or unable to receive injections
- Reduced risk of infection due to non-invasive nature
- Medications delivered directly to the treatment site
- Minimizes potential for tissue trauma from an injection
- Treatments are completed in minutes
Do you suffer from pain? Professional stress and pain relief are just a call away.
Make Your Appointment Today.