Arthritis is a disease that begins in the joints of the body, which may later cause complications in the skeletal and nervous system.
The joint capsule encloses a cavity, lined with a synovial membrane. The membrane is filled with synovial fluid, which acts as a lubricant and provides nourishment to the cartilage that covers the tips of the two bones that meet and move within the joint.
In the doctor’s office, treatment consists of joint manipulation, to effect the eventual proper functioning of the joints.
In the office and at home, the exercise regimen designed especially for your treatment will assist in the same goal of promoting health and the proper functioning of the joints.
- Allergies: Allergic-reaction by-products are deposited in the joint and cause inflammation. The most common allergens are the following:
- Dairy Products
- Grain (Primarily Wheat)
- Nitrate Group (Tobacco, Potato, Tomato, Eggplant)
Allergens can be detected by blood tests or by a process of fasting followed by the introduction of one food into the diet at a time.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Relief: This nutrient is very effective for pain relief and improving joint mobility. One tablet of Relief is taken six separate times per day.
- Tumeric, Relief and Inflavanoid: This is a natural herb supplement that has provided pain relief due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties.
- Vitamin E, Relief and E-Selenium: This fights inflammation and reduces the pain of osteo-arthritis as effectively as the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in domethacin and phenylbutazone. Vitamin E also helps to fight cartilage destruction.
- Fish Oils (EPA-DHA) and fatty acids (GLA): They are able to selectively block inflammatory destructive agents and allow the good anti-inflammatory agents to continue working.
This is very important when a patient has a rheumatoid arthritis or any other inflammatory arthritis. The proper ratio is three EPA-DHA for every one GLA capsule.
- Vitamin B6 (Relief and Cortico B5-6): A B6 deficiency symptom is swelling of the synovial tissue in the joints and tendons. B6 reduces pain, swelling, tenderness and numbness.
- Vitamin B5 (Relief and Cortico B5-6) and Vitamin C (Ultra Potent-C): These give the adrenal glands support to produce their own cortisone, which offers anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin C (Ultra Potent C) protects the joint against erosion and acts as a lubricant for the joint.
- Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite Con-centrate (Cal Apatite): It has been found to increase bone density and restore bone whereas calcium alone can only slow, or at best, stop the process of bone loss. In order to absorb Ca2+ (Calcium) active vitamin D is needed in the colon. Active vitamin D is made when the skin is exposed to sunlight, or if it is taken orally in the active form. Cod liver and evening primrose oils have the active form. Typically, vitamin supplements contain inactive Vitamin D.
Do you suffer from pain? Professional stress and pain relief are just a call away.
Visit us! Schedule your chiropractic appointment today at our Fort Myers office.