When you talk to patients that go to a Chiropractor regularly, they tend to base their feedback on what has worked for them personally. If you talk to one person, they may tell you that chiropractic is for headaches, the next may say it helps back pain, others may chime in adding that it works for digestive issues, colds & Flu’s, other areas of pain in the body and even bedwetting or menstrual issues. They are all correct.
The actual easy answer is that chiropractic is for everyone.
Chiropractic techniques are used to heighten your own natural healing ability by correcting subluxations. Subluxations (misalignments) lead to a need for correction of nerve interference. It promotes strength, health and over all wellness. Like any other well-oiled machine, the human body required maintenance to work properly over time as we age.
Rather than rely on medication to cover symptoms, Chiropractors believe the way to achieve total wellness is to take personal responsibility for our health. This can be done through gaining knowledge as well as practical application of nutrition, exercise, and regular chiropractic care.
Why it works
The nervous system controls all of our internal organs including the brain. Chiropractic adjustments have an effect on the autonomic nervous system by clearing blockages and misalignments known as subluxations. When left untreated subluxations can create blocked nerves – over time nerve blockages can lead to break down and even disease or malfunction of that area or organ.
How do you end up with subluxations?
- The quick answer is life! We put our bodies through a lot during a given day. Most of us work 40 hours a week standing or sitting at a desk, poor posture can globally misalign the spine.
- We don’t eat right which can cause nutritional imbalances and in turn, inflammation.
- Stress can even cause subluxations to form. As we stress out more and more we activate trigger points and tight muscles that pull vertebrae out of place.
- Osteoporosis (degenerative changes) can contribute to misalignments as well.
- Injuries and accidents – trauma, especially trauma involving impact (car accidents, tripping, falling, being struck, all can cause issues needing chiropractic adjustment assistance.)
- Sleeping in a weird position, as silly as it sounds, can actually cause problems as well.
- The birthing process can cause subluxations for both child and mother.
There are endless numbers of ways one can end up out of alignment. Thankfully Chiropractic can help heal them all. At the offices of Dr. Jason Kaster here locally in Fort Myers, Florida as well as Naples, Florida you can get yourself back in proper alignment and on the road back to health! Give us a call today to schedule your appointment. 239-332-2555 or visit us on the web www.drkasters.com.
Chiropractor in Ft Myers, FL, and Naples, FL
Chiropractic care is a safe, alternative treatment when applied appropriately. Chiropractic treatments help in dealing with the symptoms of many conditions. Are you going to wait for your symptoms to be felt, or are you going to prevent it as soon as possible?
Dr. Jason B. Kaster, a chiropractor in Fort Myers and Naples, can help you and your family achieve their optimal health.