Looking for something deliciously different for dinner? Look no further than this refreshing protein-packed Grilled Watermelon and Steak Salad!
- 1 lb sirloin (about 1 inch thick)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon
- 1 c. fresh mint leaves torn
- 1 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 small bunch arugula, thick stems discarded
- Heat grill to medium-high. Season steak with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness (six to eight minutes per side for medium-rare). Transfer to a cutting board and let rest before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, honey, and a pinch each salt and pepper. Fold in onion and tomatoes.
- Cut watermelon into 1/2-inch-thick triangles and cut off rinds. Brush lightly with oil, then grill until lightly charred, one to two minutes per side. Divide among four plates.
- Fold herbs into tomato mixture, then gently toss with arugula. Spoon on top of the watermelon and serve with steak.
Per serving: 361 calories, 18 g fat (4.5 g sat), 28 g protein, 346 mg sodium, 24 g carb, 16 g sugar, 4.5 g fiber
Recipe by: CHELSEA KYLE