Are you stressed out? – You may answer yes or no, but the fact is even if you answer “no”, your body still may be hanging on to stress your mind believes you have already let go of.
The right amount of a stressor can be positive, stress = pressure. Pressure = motivation. It can drive you to be productive. When stress becomes unhealthy is when it has no outlet and doesn’t have anywhere to go that’s when it can manifest in physical symptoms.
We tend to think of stress in emotional terms as if stress is all in our minds. Hence why many people often get tension headaches. Here are a few more other effects that can be a direct product of stress unresolved.
- Headaches – Stress can trigger or intensify tension headaches
- Heartburn – Increased stomach acid creates heartburn
- Depression – Stress wears you out
- Insomnia – If your brain won’t shut off, sleep becomes more difficult
- Less Immunity – stress breaks down your defenses
- Elevated Blood Sugar – Stress causes the liver to release excess sugar
- Heart Attack Risk – Stress can raise blood pressure wearing down your cardiovascular system
- Heart Palpitations – Stress makes your heart work faster and harder
- Digestive Issues – Stress can cause stomach ache and even digestive problems
- Low Libido / Erectile Dysfunction – When you are too stressed your sex drive often drops as does your ability to perform
- Skipped Periods – Stress can throw your cycle off or even stop it
- Tired muscles – Your body tenses up, this makes your muscles fatigued if it continues too long
- Irritability and anxiety – your body is exhausted and these are the natural consequences
Chronic stress takes a toll on your health. Doing what you can to reduce it is of course ideal. Operating in a state of fight or flight boosts hormones including adrenaline and cortisol. When the perceived fear dissipates the hypothalamus should send signals for the body to return to normal. When it fails to return to normal that fight status continues. This moves you into the category of chronic stress.
Let us help. We offer a range of services including chiropractic, nutrition, and massage that can offer some relief.
Dr. Jason Kaster, D.C.
Nutritionist | Chiropractor in Ft Myers, FL
Chiropractic care is a safe, alternative treatment when applied appropriately. Chiropractic treatments help in dealing with the symptoms of many conditions. Add to that, nutritional recommendations that can help your body heal itself. Are you going to wait for your symptoms to be felt, or are you going to prevent it as soon as possible?
Dr. Jason B. Kaster, a chiropractor in Fort Myers can help you and your family achieve their optimal health.