Take a moment to step back from whatever you are doing and just take a breath.
None of us do this often enough. We are an activity driven society. We are always on the go, on the move, and basing our very lives, our very existences on results. If we aren’t getting the results we expect we feel, in many cases like we are failing.
The truth is no matter how much-perceived pressure is put on us from the outside – from other people, from our jobs, family stress, or just life in general, the amount of stress we feel comes from within. It is based on how we absorb or deflect and how we handle situations.
While there is no doubt that other people can play a part and have an influence on how stressed out you feel, in the end, it is you who allow it.
There is a very important lesson here. It is very simple, yet takes many a lifetime to master. It is the art of staying at cause rather than remaining at effect. In other words: you do not have to take the bait every time someone tries to rile you up. You get to choose your reaction – always.
One of the main contributors to stress that most people tend to overlook is lack of nutrition. Poor diet can lead to feeling bad, clouded thinking, lack of energy, lethargy, and eventually illness both mental and physical.
Here are some tips to reduce stress in your daily life:
- Eat Right – With the busy lifestyle many of us lead taking the time to plan nutritious healthy meals, shop, food prep, clean up, and keep on going day after day it becomes an overwhelming task. That is where www.healthychefflorida.com comes in. They take the guesswork, the study, the figuring and calculating of the calories and the macros right off of your plate by delivering remade healthy food right to your door here locally in SW Florida.
- Get Regular Chiropractic Adjustments – Getting adjusted regularly keeps your body working and the stress at bay. When your body works properly, you just feel better.
- Try meditation – it may seem intimidating if you have never meditated before, but really, it is about the most simple thing you can do. Take even just 10-15 minutes to yourself. Sit or lie quietly. Breathe. You may use a guided meditation (you can find them for free on YouTube.com) “Guided meditation for ____ relaxation, healing, happiness.. you name it. Or you may just listen to music or sit in silence. We all are different and have our own preferences. Try and clear your mind. At first, it may be difficult, you may have errant thoughts, just allow them to come and go and return to the emptiness. Over time it will get easier.
- Try out a yoga class – or tai chi or qi gong – these ancient techniques help to relieve stress in the body as well as center the mind.
- Get a massage – massages are beneficial for lowering stress, tension and blood pressure. They tout numerous health and mental wellness benefits especially when done regularly.
- Take time for yourself – This is a much overlooked and very important one. We do so much for others and feel selfish when doing something for the self but the fact is if we ignore the self we eventually will have nothing left to give. Make sure you sleep enough, drink enough water, and say NO if you don’t want to do something. You cant be everything to everyone.
Remember that you are important. Take the time to take care of yourself no matter how busy your schedule is. Come see us. 239-332-2555. www.drkasters.com.
Chiropractor & Nutritionist in Fort Myers, FL.
Chiropractic care is a safe, alternative treatment when applied appropriately. Chiropractic treatments help in dealing with the symptoms of many conditions. Are you going to wait for your symptoms to be felt, or are you going to prevent them before they start?
Dr. Jason B. Kaster, a chiropractor, and nutritionist in Fort Myers can help you and your family achieve their optimal health.