When you buy a car you get a maintenance package on it. Why? To help prevent wear and tear and more expensive repairs down the line, right?
While people don’t inherently come with a “maintenance package” it’s up to you to put together your own. Taking care of yourself over the years is vital to maintaining good health and overall wellness.
- Regular yearly wellness visits to your doctor to do a physical and blood work.
- Chiropractic visits monthly or bi-monthly to make sure you stay in proper alignment which allows your entire nervous system to function at its best.
- Massage appointments can help with muscular tension, fascia adhesions, and incorrect body mechanics. At home foam, rollers can do wonders to release tension as well.
- Visiting your eye doctor for an eye exam every 2-5 years.
- Exercising on a regular basis – meaning the inclusion of both cardiovascular exercise as well as weight-bearing movements.
- Getting adequate sleep nightly allows your body to rest, recover and heal.
- Eating a well-balanced diet. You don’t have to eat perfectly, but as long as the majority of your foods are healthy you should be in good shape!
- Stretching – if you don’t use it you lose it didn’t become a saying by accident. As we age we tend to lose flexibility. We stop running, jumping, sitting on the floor. Make an effort to move and stretch daily.
- Limit or eliminate alcohol intake.
- Wear good quality shoes or get inserts (orthotics) made to fit your feet. They are the base for your body and more important than most people realize.
- Always listen to your body. If you feel like something is wrong, it likely is, there are very few true hypochondriacs out there (though many doctors seem to treat their patients as if they are these days). Always share all of your symptoms and if your doctor won’t listen, find one who will.
If you are looking for a Chiropractor and Nutritionist with years of practical experience who can help to get you on the path to health now and for the rest of your life, come see me, Dr. Jason Kaster, D.C.
Chiropractor & Nutritionist in Fort Myers, FL.
Chiropractic care is a safe, alternative treatment when applied appropriately. Chiropractic treatments help in dealing with the symptoms of many conditions. Are you going to wait for your symptoms to be felt, or are you going to prevent them before they start?
Dr. Jason B. Kaster, a chiropractor, and nutritionist in Fort Myers can help you and your family achieve their optimal health.